Friday, March 8, 2013

Easy Beef Stroganoff

There is something I love about those easy comfort food meals,
especially on a rainy chilly day!
I got this recipe from the lovely Holly.
Go check out her blog!
 
What your gunna need:
8 oz extra wide egg noodles
1 lb ground beef (I used lean)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup beef broth
8 oz container of sour cream (I used low fat)
1 (10 3/4 oz) can of cream of mushroom soup (I used low fat)
2 tsp dried parsley
 
Start by cooking your noodles according to directions on the package. When they are done drain and put back into pot with a lid so they won't dry out.
While the noodles are boiling start browning the hamburger in a large skillet over a medium high heat. When the hamburger is fully cooked add the onion and garlic, stir. Then add the beef broth. Bring to a slight boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 5-8 minutes.
After the mixture has simmered add cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Keep the temperature to a medium high heat. Stir often and bring to a slight boil. When mixture is heated through stir in the dried parsley.
Serve over warm egg noodles.
Went great with salad but would be great with canned a veggie too.
 While I cook, they play!
 This recipe was super yummy and Cody loved it!
If feeding a small family I would definitely half the recipe.
I had a lot of left overs!

No comments:

Post a Comment